Morgan E. Foster is the head of our family law practice, with a concentration in the following areas:
- Division of Property
- Child Support
The scope of her practice further encompasses counseling, negotiating, and litigating. In her family law practice, Ms. Foster draws on years of experience representing corporate clients (including Fortune 500 companies) in matters involving disputes arising from corporate mergers, buy-outs, sales, acquisitions or other dissolution. Ms. Foster applies her experience with “corporate divorces” to assist clients with complex divorce and custody issues, including complicated division of property. Ms. Foster’s empathy and ability to quickly connect with clients allows her to excel in the area of family law.
Ms. Foster received her B.A. from Brown University with honors in 2001 and her J.D. from Emory University Law School in 2005.
Ms. Foster’s roots in Maryland are deep, with ancestors dating back to the first European settlers on the Chesapeake Bay. She grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and has returned after years living in Providence, San Francisco, Atlanta and D.C. In high school, Ms. Foster was captain of the crew team at St. Andrew’s School when they won the Henley Royal Regatta in England. She continued as a coxswain in college at Brown University where her team won the NCAA Championship. She also served as a member of the United States Junior National Rowing Team.
In her free time, Ms. Foster is heavily involved in charity work. She founded the Grin Gala fundraiser that has raised over $1 Million to benefit Operation Smile in their mission to provide healthcare services to children born with facial deformities.
She lives with her husband and son on the Eastern Shore.
- District of Columbia
- Grin Gala (Fundraiser benefiting Operation Smile) – Founder & Chairman
- CASA of the Mid-Shore – Board of Directors (2018-2019)
- St. Andrew’s School (Middletown, Delaware) – Former Member of the Board of Trustees, Former President of the Alumni Association Board
- Bay Savers (Environmental Organization) – Board of Directors (2019)
- Leadership Anne Arundel – Flagship Class of 2020
- The Daily Record – Leadership in Law Award Honoree, 2021
- Faculty Member, 39th Annual National Trial Advocacy College, University of Virginia School of Law, 2020
- Maryland Super Lawyers – Super Lawyer – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2019-2021
- What’s Up Eastern Shore® – Eastern Shore Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2016, 2017
- What’s Up Annapolis® – Annapolis Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2018, 2019