Morgan E. Foster is the head of our family law practice, with a concentration in the following areas:
- Division of Property
- Child Support
The scope of her practice further encompasses counseling, negotiating, and litigating. In her family law practice, Ms. Foster draws on years of experience representing corporate clients (including Fortune 500 companies) in matters involving disputes arising from corporate mergers, buy-outs, sales, acquisitions or other dissolution. Ms. Foster applies her experience with “corporate divorces” to assist clients with complex divorce and custody issues, including complicated division of property. Ms. Foster’s empathy and ability to quickly connect with clients allows her to excel in the area of family law.
Ms. Foster received her B.A. from Brown University with honors in 2001 and her J.D. from Emory University Law School in 2005.
Ms. Foster’s roots in Maryland are deep, with ancestors dating back to the first European settlers on the Chesapeake Bay. She grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and has returned after years living in Providence, San Francisco, Atlanta and D.C. In high school, Ms. Foster was captain of the crew team at St. Andrew’s School when they won the Henley Royal Regatta in England. She continued as a coxswain in college at Brown University where her team won the NCAA Championship. She also served as a member of the United States Junior National Rowing Team.
In her free time, Ms. Foster is heavily involved in charity work. She founded the Grin Gala fundraiser that raised over $1 Million to benefit Operation Smile in their mission to provide healthcare services to children born with facial deformities. Ms. Foster also served on the Boards of St. Andrews School, Chesapeake Bay Savers and CASA of the Midshore.
She lives with her two sons on the Eastern Shore.
- District of Columbia
- Grin Gala (Fundraiser benefiting Operation Smile) – Founder & Chairman
- CASA of the Mid-Shore – Board of Directors (2018-2019)
- St. Andrew’s School (Middletown, Delaware) – Former Member of the Board of Trustees, Former President of the Alumni Association Board
- Bay Savers (Environmental Organization) – Board of Directors (2019)
- Leadership Anne Arundel – Flagship Class of 2020
Regular Guest Appearances on Fox 45 Baltimore’s BMORE Lifestyle TV Show Speaking on Family Law Topics (2020-present) including:
- May 3, 2022 – Leaked Supreme Court Opinion purporting to overturn Roe v. Wade
- May 3, 2022 – “Mental Health Awareness Month and Family Law Issues”
- October 27, 2021 – “Creative & Safe Professional Networking During COVID”
- October 13, 2021 – “Being an Involved Parent at Your Child’s School During COVID”
- October 1, 2021 – “Social Media Etiquette for Parents”
- September 15, 2021 – “Capitalizing on Increased Workplace Flexibility”
- August 9, 2021 – “Setting Healthy Boundaries in Relationships”
- July 7, 2021 – “Blended Families and Successful Co-parenting”
- June 2, 2021 – “The Challenges of Welcoming a New Baby During COVID”
- May 12, 2021 – “Co-Parenting During COVID”
- January 18, 2021 – “Topics Couples Should Discuss Prior to Getting Married”
- December 23, 2020 – “Avoiding Conflict During the Holidays”
- November 18, 2020 – “Political Divide – When Partners Disagree on Politics”
- November 2, 2020 – “Challenges of the Infertility Journey”
- October 13, 2020 – “Co-parenting during COVID”
- October 2, 2020 – “Challenges of being a Working Mom During COVID”
Fox 45 Washington DC’s Evening News Program: Guest Speaker on Television regarding Family Law Topic: Kellyanne Conway’s Daughter Seeking Emancipation (August 24, 2020)
7News DC Morning News Program: Guest Speaker on Television regarding Britney Spears’ Conservatorship (August 16, 2021)
Offered Expert Testimony to Maryland Legislature on proposed Bill to Amend Statute Regarding Protective Orders (specifically the renewal of Protective Orders) for domestic violence. Maryland State House – Annapolis 2019.
- The Daily Record – Leadership in Law Award Honoree, 2021
- Faculty Member, 39th Annual National Trial Advocacy College, University of Virginia School of Law, 2020
- Maryland Super Lawyers – Super Lawyer – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2019-2021
- What’s Up Eastern Shore® – Eastern Shore Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2016, 2017
- What’s Up Annapolis® – Annapolis Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Family Law, 2018, 2019