Steven Brown is a business counselor and litigator. Steven practices primarily in the areas of employment, corporate, and healthcare law. He regularly counsels his clients on their day-to-day to crisis-level legal operations, including corporate governance matters, COVID-19 guidelines, and responses, restrictive covenants and trade secret preservation, employee handbooks, executive and professional employment agreements, and employee severance, discipline, and termination. Steven also serves as general counsel to multiple medical practices, including one of the largest medical group practices in the region.
Steven’s litigation practice focuses on general state and federal civil matters including non-compete and trade secret disputes; wage and hour individual, class, and collective actions; breach of contract; and business ownership and dissolution disputes. He also advises and defends businesses in EEOC, MCCR, and state and federal Department of Labor investigations and audits.
Steven practices primarily out of the firm’s Annapolis office and lives on the “Western Shore” with his wife and kids. Steven earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh and graduated from the Florida State University College of Law with honors.
- Trade Secrets: What’s Fair Game in the Employment Relationship?
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2022 Legal Summit
- Returning to Work in the Coronavirus Age
- The Maryland Small Business Development Center, June 2020
- Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce, May 2020
- Talbot County Chamber of Commerce, May 2020
- Maryland Healthy Working Families Act
- Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce, February 2018.
- Wage and Hour Seminar
- William Paca House, September 2018
- Best Practices for Avoiding Wage and Hour Lawsuits
- Northern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce, November 2016
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America: Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2023 and 2024
- What’s Up? Anne Arundel County & Central Maryland Leading Lawyer: Employment Law, 2018-2023
- What’s Up? Anne Arundel County & Central Maryland Leading Lawyer: Administrative Law/Liquor Laws/Hearings, 2022-2023
- What’s Up? Media: Up & Coming Lawyers 2021
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: Employment Law – 2019-2023
- District Court for the District of Maryland
- District Court for the District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit