Steven Brown is a litigation attorney. Steven’s practice focuses primarily on representing businesses and professionals in lawsuits involving non-compete, non-solicitation, and trade secret disputes, wage and hour individual, class, and collective actions, and breach of contract matters. He also advises and defends employers through EEOC, MCCR, and state and federal Department of Labor investigations and audits. With an eye toward preempting litigation in the first place, Steven regularly provides counsel to employers on the ever-changing best practices involving leave laws, restrictive covenants, severance agreements, employee handbook policies and procedures, executive and professional employment agreements, and employee discipline and termination.
Steven practices primarily out of Annapolis where he has been serving Maryland businesses since 2013. Steven is actively involved with the Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce and currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and as Chair of the Chamber’s Legislative Committee. Steven graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and graduated with honors from the Florida State University College of Law. Steven lives on the “Western Shore” with his wife and kids.
- February 2018: Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce event on the Maryland Healthy Working Families Act.
- September 2017: Wage and Hour Seminar discussing top tips for businesses to avoid employment-related lawsuits.
- November 2016: Northern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce seminar educating restaurant owners on best practices for protecting their restaurant against employee wage and hour lawsuits.
- What’s Up? Annapolis Magazine Leading Lawyer in Employment Law, 2018-2019
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars – Employment Law – 2019-2021
- S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Employment Law
- Business/Commercial Litigation