RESOLVING DISPUTES AND MAXIMIZING ROI
McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker’s (MDSW) experienced and skilled litigators are regularly enlisted to address real estate and construction-related disputes across Maryland, Delaware, and beyond. Our firm works closely with clients to resolve discrepancies as quickly and efficiently as possible to bring projects to fruition, maximize the return on real property investments as well as minimize and mitigate risks resulting from disputes.
Disputes involving real property can arise at any time for any number of reasons. Buyers and sellers may be at odds over a failed transaction, conflicts may arise with neighboring property owners over the use and development of the property, and encumbrances may negatively impact a property’s value and transferability leading to costly title litigation.
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION SPECIALISTS
MDSW’s lawyers have experience with all issues that can lead to real estate litigation, including disputes involving:
- Purchase/sale contracts and options
- Disposition of escrowed proceeds
- Condominium and homeowners’ associations
- Land use and zoning issues
- Environmental issues
- Title defects
- Lien resolution
- Boundary disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Condemnation/eminent domain
- Management and operating agreement disputes
EXPERIENCED CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION
Our litigators have extensive experience representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and others when disputes arise during the course of a construction project. We are prepared to vigorously advocate for our clients’ interests while simultaneously looking for creative ways to resolve disputes fairly and efficiently.
Our attorneys handle disputes involving:
- Construction defects and failures leading to personal injury
- Claim review, preparation and analysis
- Scheduling issues, including delays, inefficiencies, interference, compression, acceleration and related issues
- Differing site condition claims
- Design issues
- Bonding/surety issues
- Product failures
- Liquidated damages disputes
- Construction insurance
- Termination issues
- Dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts
Schedule a Consultation
If you are facing an administrative law issue or regulatory challenge, we welcome the opportunity to explore how our experienced administrative law attorneys can assist you. With over three decades of combined experience and offices in Annapolis, Easton, Cambridge and Ocean City, Maryland, the lawyers at McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker are committed to providing sophisticated, personally tailored representation throughout the Eastern Shore and beyond.
Simply choose an attorney from the above list and use the supplied contact information to start a conversation.