Michelle DiDonato has developed an extensive and accomplished real estate law practice. She is skilled and experienced in a variety of areas within the real estate field, including commercial property, multifamily projects, and vacant land transactions. She has significant expertise in representing clients with construction financing and refinancing through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). She routinely represents borrowers with financing projects involving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and is experienced in assisting borrowers with the defeasance of existing loans when refinancing.
Additionally, Michelle leverages her experience in commercial real estate title in all aspects of her work, including the review of title and survey, the issuance of title insurance policies, drafting transfer documents, conducting settlements, and funding the transactions. She represents both buyers and sellers in drafting and negotiating commercial purchase and sale agreements, and landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial lease agreements.
Overall, her extensive experience and knowledge in real estate law, coupled with her ability to work with various parties involved in real estate transactions, make her a valuable asset to clients seeking legal assistance in this field.
Michelle graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law cum laude with her J.D. in Real Estate Law after receiving her Bachelor of Business Administration and Finance from Loyola College of Maryland.
Prior to joining MDSW, Michelle practiced with Carney, Kelehan, Bresler, Bennett & Scherr, LLP in Columbia for 23 years, 17 of which she spent as a partner. Before that, she began her career in law and real estate as an associate and law clerk at Bouland & Brush, LLC/Fountainhead Title Group in Catonsville.
Michelle practices primarily out of our Annapolis office. Michelle lives on the Eastern Shore with her two sons and enjoys high school football games, traveling, and snow skiing.
- District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1999 – present
- Howard County Bar Association, 2000 – present
- Committee Member – Real Property Section Council of Maryland State Bar Association 2005-2007
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (Maryland)
- Licensed Title Insurance Provider (Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company)
- Taught a three (3) credit course titled, “The Principles of the Title Industry” at Catonsville Community College, September 2000 – December 2000)
- Volunteer at Saint Agnes Hospital, 1999 – 2000
- University of Baltimore Women’s Bar Association (Second & Third Year Treasurer, 1996 –1998)
- Real Property Law Achievement Workshop, University of Baltimore, 1998