Demetrios G. Kaouris practices in the areas of real estate, commercial and estate litigation. He represents business and individuals in a wide-variety of real estate and commercial litigation matters, including business management disputes, construction claims, condominium disputes and land-use appeals. Demetrios practices primarily out of the firm’s Ocean City and Cambridge offices.
Demetrios has been involved in several cases that resulted in favorable published decisions for his clients. Among the appellate cases in which Demetrios has been involved include: Nichols v. Bear, 435 Md. 324 (2013); Purnell v. Beard & Bone, LLC, 203 Md. App. 495 (2012); and South Easton Neighborhood Association, Inc. v. Town of Easton, 387 Md. 468 (2005).
Demetrios began his legal career serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Dale R. Cathell, Court of Appeals of Maryland, from August 1996 to August 1998. At the conclusion of his clerkship, Demetrios became associated with Miles & Stockbridge P.C. and was elected Principal in 2008. He practiced law at the firm until December 2015, when he participated in the founding of McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker. Demetrios enjoys participating in beach-related activities with his wife, Keri, and son, George, in his spare time.
- Delaware, 1998
- Maryland, 1996
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Delaware
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- George Greek Orthodox Church, Parish Council, 2002-2008
- Judicial Nominating Commission, District 16, 1998-2002; 2006-2010
- What’s Up Eastern Shore® – Eastern Shore Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Litigation, May 2016
- Maryland Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition – Selected for inclusion in the area of Business Litigation, 2009